Lindsay's Loving: Skin Care
This weeks "Lindsay's Loving" is all about skin care.
1. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay: Lately my skin has been out of control! No idea what's going on all of a sudden but I've never had breakouts like this, ever. I kept seeing this product pop up on my Instagram and thought it was worth a try. Because at this point nothing could possibly make it worse. But I'm happy to report that I really like this mask. It's a little harsher than masks I have tried in the past, so I recommend only using this once or twice a week at the most. It's 100% natural calcium bentonite clay and you mix with apple cider vinegar. This deep pore cleansing mask pulls everything to the surface so don't be alarmed by the pulsating feeling on your face! Be sure to mix with non metal items, I use a small glass bowl and a small clean paint brush to mix and apply. Let dry (completely) and wash with warm water. This may leave your skin red in appearance but that quickly fades within the hour. Who's ready to deep cleanse!? For this price we all can, it comes in a large 1lb container for only $11.00 on Amazon. That means each facial is only a few cents, because believe me this will last you a long time!
2. Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser: If it's good enough for Olivia Wilde and Charlize Theron it's good enough for me! I love when cost effective drugstore items work great! Not only are they cost effective but convenient. With a CVS or Walgreens on literally every corner you can always run in and get your goods! This cleanser has quickly become a favorite of mine paired with my Clarisonic before bed followed by my moisturizers and oils.
3. Tea Tree Oil: I love essential oils! We diffuse oils every night and swear by them. Besides diffusing there are several that I have found to really help improve my skin. Tea Tree oil (or Melaleuca) has been around for thousands of years and has been documented in numerous medical studies to kill many strains of bacteria, viruses and fungi. As you can imagine there are many many uses for this oil, but one of my favorites is skin care. It's a great fighter against acne, helping clear up spots as well as prevention. I mix 1-2 drops with my face cream every morning and evening.
4. Rosehip Oil: This vitamin rich oil can be used as a daily moisturizer, and for a natural anti-aging affect. I use this at bedtime and apply generously over my whole face and neck before bed and after I apply moisturizer. It helps promote skin cell renewal, lighten sun spots and acne scars and reduce appearance of wrinkles.
5. tarte Rainforest of the Sea Marine Boosting Mist: I received this in a gift from several of my friends for my birthday and I've been loving it! This is actually a 4 in 1 product! It can be used as a primer, makeup setting spray, hydrating mist and a skin refresher. I've been keeping in my purse and using it as a mid day skin refresher.
Now that I'm officially in my 30's, there is no time like the present to really care for my skin. And I have finally found a routine and products that works for me and my skin. Now lets hope my skin stays the same for a while and I don't have to change up my routine anytime too soon. I will be doing posts on my full morning and bedtime routine soon!
This is just a very small sampling of some of my favorite skin care products! I can't wait to share more soon. And I always love hearing about new products I should try. What are some of you favorite skin care products?